Thursday, June 14, 2012

My First Week SmokeFree

I turned 50 on May 11th and decided that I had enough of this smoking!!

Sunday May 27, 2012 - My first day smokefree

Days one and two are a blur.  I just hung out at home and watched movies chewed two packs of nicotine gum and wore a nicotine patch.

Day three: I stopped all nicotine gum and patch.  Oh thats better!  That stopped most of the major cravings.  I did two bootcamps and still had energy.

Day four: I did 40 minutes of cardio followed by a one-hour training - and Kristin did not ease up on me.  After dinner that night - went for a 2.5 mile walk and ran half way up Forest Avenue.  Then went downstairs and finished a load of laundry.  The last two days I had only a few craving episodes and mostly when I was driving.

Day five:  Today was challenging.  I did a 9am bootcamp before heading to work.  This was the first day I had clients - and today of all days - 2 clients with pretty big problems YIKES!!  Chewed several pieces of non-nicotine gum and a couple a dum-dums along with hot green tea and made through without a smoke.  But I completely forgot to eat lunch - not good!  Fell asleep around 9:00pm - but woke up at 1-am then back to bed at 3-am and up again at 6:00am. I sometimes do this when I go to bed too early.

Notes from day five:  It appears that when I exert myself more the less I have those annoying cravings.  When I do have those cravings, I take deep breaths - get up and walk or do pushups or squats.  If I just keep moving forward (Literally) they seem to subside quicker.

Day six:  Today was a bit easier.  Still having cravings but they don't last as long.  I was only able to do one bootcamp today - I think my energy from earlier in the week just got zapped.  I took a long nap, washed dishes, ordered some cool t-shirts from cafe press, watched a movie and went to bed around 9:00.

Day seven: My cat woke me up around 6:00 am on a Saturday morning!  I suppose she is accustomed to us getting up during the week at that time.  Made it through day seven and starting to feel really good.

....more later....

No comments: